I had a wonderful day yesterday with the new beau, and our daughters. We spent the afternoon lunching al fresco, then headed off to a resort for a swim in the pool! The girls were very well behaved and a great time was had by all.
I know my spirits would be up more upbeat if I got to see him more, I do enjoy his company. He is currently busy with pre-production meetings, recording sessions, and all sorts of work stuff. And, unlike my job it's not a consistent schedule. Depending on whether or not he has his daughter, he will get stuck in the studios until well past my bedtime. Hopefully things even out a bit and we can schedule more time together. We really have been having a great time when we do hang, but this once a week junk is killing me!
Last weekend was jammed packed... and apparently I just wasn't in the mood to write about it. Friday night we went to a "food truck" event, where all sorts of gourmet and specialty food trucks congregate. We had a blast ordering all sorts of yummy food. Unfortunately some of the lines were a tad long, but with this being our first adventure we weren't too picky. Then we did a little drag racing... nothing like throwing the pedal to the floor and thrusting your head back!
Saturday was a beautiful day that started with breakfast at a cafe, followed by a drive at the beach. At some point he decided the waves were nice enough for a little surfing, so off to the sand we went. I relaxed on the beach listening to music and reading while he surfed a few sets. We spent the rest of our time on the beach just talking... Definitely a day I could get used to.
We had planned to prepare dinner for our friends' birthday at my place, so off to the market's we went. And yes that was market's... first stop was the fish shop, then the bakery for bread, and last but not least Whole Foods. He attempted to apologize for making so many stops and I had to shut him up.... HELLO do you have any idea how NORMAL it is for me and my family to frequent a minimum of 3 shops for one meal... c'mon... doesn't everybody! OK, maybe we are the exceptions... I gotta hand it to him, I loved his tenacious spirit as we shopped. Dinner turned out fabulous and our guests were pleased and entertained. He and I manned the kitchen and the grill and our teamwork was impeccable! We had a blast cooking together, such an admirable quality, and one of my requirements. All in all things are moving in the right direction.
Had a brief chat on Friday with Mr. P, crazy how I still miss him and have yet to let go. I'm working on it though... kinda!
Saturday was a beautiful day that started with breakfast at a cafe, followed by a drive at the beach. At some point he decided the waves were nice enough for a little surfing, so off to the sand we went. I relaxed on the beach listening to music and reading while he surfed a few sets. We spent the rest of our time on the beach just talking... Definitely a day I could get used to.
We had planned to prepare dinner for our friends' birthday at my place, so off to the market's we went. And yes that was market's... first stop was the fish shop, then the bakery for bread, and last but not least Whole Foods. He attempted to apologize for making so many stops and I had to shut him up.... HELLO do you have any idea how NORMAL it is for me and my family to frequent a minimum of 3 shops for one meal... c'mon... doesn't everybody! OK, maybe we are the exceptions... I gotta hand it to him, I loved his tenacious spirit as we shopped. Dinner turned out fabulous and our guests were pleased and entertained. He and I manned the kitchen and the grill and our teamwork was impeccable! We had a blast cooking together, such an admirable quality, and one of my requirements. All in all things are moving in the right direction.
Had a brief chat on Friday with Mr. P, crazy how I still miss him and have yet to let go. I'm working on it though... kinda!
No comments:
Post a Comment