If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Refrigerator Analogy

Last year, around this time I went on a rant about "fridge shopping". I seriously put so much thought and effort into this purchase and how it really affected me and was such a big decision. I managed to turn the analogy into a reflection of my own life and how I needed certain features in a fridge, as well as in a man (and yes I do realize I need a life!).

BOY HAS A YEAR CHANGED ALL THAT!  That poor fridge served me well for 12 months, and now sits lonely in my garage awaiting my posting of a craisglist add to sell it. In its place sits a new, tiny white fridge... bare bones basic with zero bells and whistles!  You see, I've spent the past several weeks... heck months simplifying my life. I've "lightened my load" in so many ways, and in the interim, stopped blogging.  So I guess it is time I play catch up.

March - I went to France... That will be a several posts to share... (honestly I cannot believe looking back I have not shared ANYTHING about my trip to Paris.)

April - Got my real estate license finalized.  Offered a new job (again, needs elaborating)

May - Simplified my flippin' life! Moved 40 miles away from my ex (woohoo!) Started a new job and downsized into a tiny 2 bedroom apartment.  Which leads me now to this blog and why my "recipe"fridge sits in the garage!

I have spent the past several years letting go, and I mean that in so many ways...  emotionally, physically, mentally, and financially.  I walked away from my tattered marriage of 9 years and left the house I built with pretty much everything in it.  What I did manage to take with me I've held on to for the passed two years while moving twice.  Both of those times I continued to live in the same neighborhood as my original home which made the moves convenient (if that is even possible).  I also managed to live in houses less than 6 years old, that also had all of the modern amenities I had become accustomed to.  This time, when my lease came up for renewal I knew I was GONE.  I headed to the beach, actually the city I grew up in and couldn't be happier about my decision.  I'm not going to lie, going from 3500 sqft, down to 1700 sqft different, but not difficult... BUT going from 1700 to 900 sqft was tough!  I donated as much as I could, and have gotten extremely efficient with small spaces.  My old fridge measured to fit perfectly in the new kitchen, only problem was I couldn't get it around a corner to get it to the kitchen!  I went from last year having to have all of these key features in a fridge... to just having one that fits and runs!  Thank you Sears for tiny fridges.  I guess its a good thing for me to have had to go through... as I put it last year... all of the ingredients I needed for my recipe in a fridge mirrored my thoughts on relationships...  and in keeping with my life trends... maybe I should simplify my thoughts of dating and men... and go with a basic model!

Ironic but my horoscope for today is:

"Why do you insist on looking back at what cannot be changed?  Do you enjoy it? Is there a masochistic streak in your nature? Whatever the reason, it's time to get over the past. It's the future that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment