The truth... crap... I still have not written a real blog (thanks Kelly for calling me out on it!) I am in denial of whats really going on in my life right now, and by me writing about it I have to face it. **crinkles my nose** Here goes....
I managed to get through December and the holidays fairly unscathed. It was my first Christmas without my daughter.. and sister.. and brother for that matter. Since it had become so foreign to not only me, but my parents as well, we decided it was best to do something we have never done before, that way we wouldn't all three pout! We celebrated Christmas a day early and at my house. My parents actually came and stayed with me for 5 days.. and yes folks that's a record! We were social to say the least... we had dinner with friends every night! We celebrated Christmas Eve on Friday and had our Christmas morning on Saturday, in order to share our traditions with Kayden. Then we shipped her off to her dads and that was that.
New Year's was less eventful. I had every intention of going somewhere... OUT of town and doing something... Needless to say it was another New Years Eve with no one to kiss... well except my beautiful daughter. This year, hopefully that will change, but I am not putting any pressure on me!
I have been so busy the last six months since I have taken dating out of my equation. My intentions were to get prepped and prepared for the changes I expect to happen in 2012. and mentally I am getting there. To be honest I put too much focus in 2010 and 11 on dating and finding my perfect recipe, almost to the point of me looking desperate... and guess what... I'm not! I am alone, but not lonely... well not all of the time! I've stopped looking and have found plenty to keep me busy. Hopefully at some point this year I will get back to working on that and experiencing love again. I do have so much to share and would love the right someone to share it with. But for now I am focusing on moving OUT of my current area and creating my next life.
Why am I so focused on moving... I keep getting people asking me this question. Well for one... I moved to this town when I was young and houses were cheap! I made a great profit on my first property and somehow managed to bankroll that into the next. This is a lovely area for families... this town wreaks of soccer moms! While I am an extremely involved parent in my daughters life... from tennis club... to classroom reading groups... to running club... I am there... but I am NOT a soccer mom! I am the "divorced" mom... and mind you the only one in the second grade! This area is for families and I no longer fit the mold. On any given weekend night at the local bars and restaurants there are NO possible suitors! That is of course unless I was interested in a 20 something year old guy who drives a big lifted truck, wears his black flat billed hat with his black socks and shoes! Uh... "she said NO"! The professional grown men here are all married. And not that I am all about trolling the bars... because those of you that know me... know I obviously have NO game and that's NOT me! I am interested in socializing with my peers... other single women.. and adult professional men! Not to mention running into the home wrecker girlfriend in the toothpaste aisle at the market and now at the gym is getting old! Time for me to relocate. My plan by summertime is to be back in the OC... I'd love the beach but not sure whats in the budget, so most likely back to Costa Mesa.... which is peachy with me! I loved spending last summer down there with Mr. D and remembered how active people are and how the local economy encourages it!
What's been keeping me busy... I did manage to finish real estate school, and have applied for the state licensing exam. I am awaiting my test date in the next few weeks. I have a new set that I am working on, a short film about jazz legends Miles Davis and John Coltrane. I am very interested in this one as we are filming them recording a legendary album and its all about the music. The prop house excursion alone was an adventure in itself! Have I mentioned my latest career adventure. This one I am extremely excited about... in fact it could become my dream job, that is of course if it becomes profitable for me! This one requires it's own paragraph along with some explanations!
I have a dear friend who contacted me the later part of December with a proposition. Earlier last year he purchased a portion of a record label. As it is moving into it's second year of business, the goal of the label is to open a licensing division to generate more revenue through music placement in all media forms. My friend was kind enough to offer me the position of running this division. He knows I am an avid music fan, he also knows of my desires to leave my current company, and I happen to be local to the area of the industry. How perfect could this be... right! Me selling music...hello... I have slung enough boy toys to last me to eternity and have absolutely no passion nor knowledge of that industry... but me and MUSIC... that stuff runs through my veins! There is only one catch... Mr. P owns the label. I know, I know, I know.... if you've read in any length this blog then you obviously know who that is and can only imagine what it's doing to me. I am praying I become so sick of hearing his voice and seeing his face that I can finally get the damn closure I needed to get over him! But who am I kidding! All joking aside it has been pretty easy thus far... the Mr. P part I mean. For the most part it's all work as we both have desires of making a shit ton of money! The job stuff is just getting underway. I am in the process of making connections with several media outlets from music supervisors to agencies that supply music. There is the occasional banter from Mr. P, I think he feels the need to boost my morale, not sure why?!? It will be nice years down the road to look back at all of this and say... "remember when", shake our heads and laugh... but for now, no one has come remotely close to filling shoes... and since I've put "that" on hold it is apparent. Anyhow enough about Mr. P... I am ecstatic about the opportunity... and pray that it becomes a full time career... it is something I would have never imagined but am loving it
So there you have it... (Kelly)! It's 2012, I am still single... (cant believe you asked that one).... still living "here".... and still working "there"....
BUT... it's a new year .... and my slate is clean! Time to get it dirty :-)
If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment