Day 135 - I guess I will start with a quick update and then on to the topic that's been running through my mind all day. I just crawled in to bed after an exciting week of family and friends. I have spent the past several days up at the ranch for the annual Thanksgiving event. This is more than a day of thanks with family and friends, but rather a four day extravaganza of food, wine and terrific company. I always have a wonderful time up there when all of the cousins arrive and we "party" in the barn! Not to mention, two days prior to me going to the ranch, I was in Texas with my other "families" having an incredible time with all of my loves there. I truly am blessed to have these people in my life.
Now on to what has captivated my thoughts... two things I keep bouncing back and forth. First, my best friend is set to deliver her second child tomorrow. I am so happy and excited for her, especially knowing how hard her pregnancies have been in the past. I started to think of all of my friends and their families, and how the majority have had their second child. The past 6 months I think I have attended at least 6 baby showers. Mind you, you don't always have a shower if it isn't your first child. There have been at least 15 beautiful babies! I am at the stage in life where your supposed to be expanding your family and I am nowhere near that... and I don't mean that in an emotional way. Kayden keeps asking for a brother or sister, she too wants our family to grow! This is something I came to peace with months ago, that I may never have another child... but today, it has been at the forefront of my thoughts.
The second is completely on the opposite end of the spectrum, and yet it too is something I've been mulling over! My dearest sister and my cousin have both uprooted their lives and are on their way to something new and exciting. My sister with her international journey to Paris to attend school and change her career path. And now my cousin has decided to pack up and move to a small coastal town. In fact I just had a girlfriend do the same thing and move completely across the states to the east coast. I love the freedom and guts these ladies have, I am somewhat envious! I keep coming up with excuses to stay where I am at but hopefully I am starting to run out!
Anyways... that's what I've been thinking about today. I can only imagine what tomorrow has to offer!
If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...
No comments:
Post a Comment