Day 110 - So, I made it through Halloween... barely! Kayden's costume was absolutely adorable and completely homemade! (Thanks Allissa for all your work!) Had some friends over for an informal dinner Saturday night, before we headed off to a costume party. Mind you, I have not been to a costume party in..... at least 12 years. I actually went out and purchased a costume along with Allissa and then somehow fabricated the guys costumes. We looked pretty darn cute, and had a great time. Allissa was Alice in Wonderland, with Chris being a playing card, and Mr. M and I were the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts! It was a great group costume. The only problem is now I am band from Jello shooters, apparently I had 1, 2, 3.... or was it 8 too many! So not like me! Managed to survive Sunday and got my little kitty dressed for trick or treating. Last night Kayden and I headed downtown for the annual Dia de los Muertos festival, to celebrate the lives of loved ones who have passed. We stumbled upon it last year with my Dad, after visiting a few museums. He loved how cultural the festival was, and actually we all had a great time. We decided to honor him and try and make it an annual event. We printed out a photo of him alone, and also one of him with Kayden and two ladies in full costumes. Last night I happened to run into one of the ladies in the photo. I showed the picture of her with my dad last year and explained his passing. She decided next year to include him in her altar, to honor and remember him. It was an extremely kind and heartfelt gesture. Needless to say, I had a great time with my daughter, just the two of us, remembering my dad.
I'm starting to rethink my dating situation. It seems to be going too fast for my liking. While I enjoy Mr. M's companionship and all... I don't think I am ready to consider him my boyfriend. I have gotten some pressure from him regarding this topic and I ever so gently tip toed away from it. While technically I am not seeing anyone else, or even talking to anyone else, not sure I am ready for the exclusivity of a relationship. I like this guy, don't get me wrong, but I don't see myself spending the rest of my life with him. Granted while I am not trying to marry myself off, I will eventually be looking for Mr. Right, my life partner and soul mate.
Some days I feel as though I have already found him...
No comments:
Post a Comment