If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Friday, January 21, 2011

177 days to go...

Day 189 - I'm not sure what happened, other than the fact that I was sleepy and appeared to have messed up...BUT I posted last night and did not save it properly. This post is an attempt to recreate what I had to say then!

Yesterday was an interesting day to say the least. I had an extended lunch with Mr. G. Worked out at the gym with Mr. M. And had my neighbor ask me out to dinner. I managed in one day to cross three generations, I've got my late 20's, the mid 30's, and now adding to the line up a mid 40's. Am I diverse or what!

Lunch with Mr. G was nice, we did a little research on our current project of finding him some investment properties to purchase and flirted and chatted along the way. I thoroughly intimidate the crap out of this poor guy and I love it! No wonder this is called being a "cougar", its like playing with your prey before you pounce! Wow, did I really just say that....

On to Mr. M... For some reason I allowed him to talk me into training for a triathlon, and possibly attempting to run a sprint version. I guess I thought I needed a goal or a diversion to say the least. I did manage to buy a suit, goggles and cap a few days ago, so I am committed to the challenge for now. I have not seen him for the most part since New Years....(I think?), and the intimacy was gone sometime before that. It seems as though he has accepted the friend roll I have put him in.

Now on to the neighbor... We have seen each other in passing for months and always did the friendly hello and goodbye. We may have even exchanged a few words, but have never really introduced ourselves. After the gym, Kayden and I were walking the dogs and bumped in to him and his daughters. Of course Kayden was eager to show her dogs to the girls and here is where the introductions finally happened. We chatted for nearly 45 min, swapping stories. Our houses face one another so it is easy to watch the others activities. While I am not going to say I havent peaked over there to see him and his buddies playing cards, apparently I have been observed more! I'm tempted to say his daughters have been encouraging him for quite some time to ask me out. They were all to familiar with what goes on over here. Anyways, I asked his eldest daughter who is 16 if she babysits, which of course she does, and he said "Perfect, she can watch the girls while you and I go have dinner and drinks across the street." I agreed that was a great idea and we now have a date!

What a busy day yesterday was...!

No comments:

Post a Comment