If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

186 days to go...

Day 179 - Well I am past the half way mark, can you believe it.... actually the end seemed much closer... Darn it!

All is good on the home front. We are adjusting to the new addition to our family, wait did I even mention that? Hold on let me go back and check... OK I did several posts ago, but I now need to elaborate. I specifically said I was not going to become some old dog lady, which I am not... but the border is getting close! Since the addition of Bella I have had to get back on a strict routine, especially with potty training needs. Over the new year's weekend I babysat Malcolm and Jackson while Clint was in Vegas. Actually all that was requested of me was to drop by and feed them, but I could not believe the conditions they were living in. And considering their ages (almost 12), I stole them! They have since been with me and Kayden and Bella. WE are just one BIG happy family again. I now take four walks a day with my three dogs. One lady actually stopped me the other day and asked me if I was a dog walker, hey another career option to add to my possibilities this year! It has definitely been and adjustment for all of us. Bella thought she was an only dog, M & J had no clue what to do with a little bitch, and me the frickin dog hair! I now vacuum every day alternating floors. Like I said, I was NOT going to become THAT dog lady! I still have my standards with my home and these three additions are going to learn to adapt! M & J love being indoors with us and apart of our daily lives, they no longer are peering in between glass panes. At this stage in their life I didn't feel it was fair for them to be stuck outside in all of the elements, wondering when they would be fed, and whether or not their owner was actually going to come home at night! Since I have been out of the house those two guys have gotten the worst end of the deal, alongside me! They were ecstatic to be bathed, get new beds and toys, and have a lot of TLC!

This of course has aided me in not really noticing I kinda dumped Mr. M. We had not had any form of communication since last Wednesday until earlier tonight. He finally realized I was not putting much effort in and pulled back. I of course am OK with this and luckily have occupied myself with all of these DOGS! I did however get to meet the new guy yesterday at Starbucks. We sat and chatted for nearly 2 hours while the girls were at girl scouts. He is very cute, great personality and seems to be an honest genuine person. My only concerns, he is a bit young. We're talking pushing 5 years! I am however willing to get to know him more and see where it goes. He sounds like he has got his head screwed on straight and is aimed in the right direction. I do think though, I intimidate the crap out of him. He was very reluctant to call me, saying to his friend "oh she's beautiful, way too pretty for me"... (that's just so not me!) I will just take this one day by day and see if this is going to be another friendship. I'm almost at my "guy friend quota" for a lifetime! I've got the cute neighbor, the pen pal, my music buddy, Mr. M and ..... (the list could go on...) Kinda looking for the boyfriend friend but can't seem to get that slot filled! But hey that's what this year is for... apparently I am taking my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment