If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Amber + 1

Apparently I was a busy blogger Friday... truthfully the servers at work were down for maintenance so I was keeping busy updating... and playing with my photo programs!

So last Tuesday I managed to buy a new car... this Tuesday I've decided to send it back, well exchange it. I wasn't even in the market for a new car. I happened to have taken mine in for service and was informed I needed new brakes, which I opted to pass on and research a bit. The next day someone from the dealership called claiming they wanted my car back. Apparently the pre-owned cars are in high demand and at the rate I'm currently driving the car is worth more to Audi now than when my lease will be up (note to self... I drive to much). Audi has a great buy back program as well as loyalty discounts so I was able to get the same car, same color with a few new added features. I loved my A4 sport... it was perfect for me. I thought it was fun, peppy to drive and made me look sexy! This new car is exactly the same except I got the quattro engine (all wheel drive), the new led lights and heated seats. All in all its a great car, however it doesn't sit as low to the ground as mine did and the wheels aren't as sporty... no big deal right. I mean c'mon, I just got a brand new car without a penny out of my pocket and my payment is pretty much the same. Also I saved $1500 since now I don't need new brakes, didn't have to make my car payment and the registration that was due is no longer my issue. Problem is... I found out Sunday night the back seats don't fold down. This is a BIG issue for me. I have three dogs and a 7 year old.... I am always folding my seats down to transport my gang. Not to mention the random pieces of furniture and accessories I am shoving in my car, I am a designer by the way! So this is a "no go" for me. I called the dealership and we are in the works to exchange my car. Who knows what I will be driving.... I am starting to regret this whole idea and really just want my old car back... it was perfect and only needed brakes!

Anyways.....

The explanation of my title.... Sunday night is the release party for the TV show. All cast has been invited to a private party to watch the final cut of the pilot... that is all cast and a guest. Problem is I don't have a plus one! I am so sick of being reminded of my lack of obtaining a plus one! I could easily ask Jeff to go with me... problem with that is he is constantly labeling us as dating and I am constantly reminding him that is not the case. If I ask him to accompany me it further justifies his argument! Don't get me wrong, I love Jeff to death... he is a great friend, always there for me... a terrific mentor, educating me and guiding me along the way... problem is he really likes me... and not in the way that I like him. So here I sit, prolonging my response to the invitation... Amber + NONE, totally bites!

No comments:

Post a Comment