Day 150 - I owe a special thanks to my sister for insisting I get a damn tree, and one to Melyssa for helping me decorate it! My poor daughter was starting to wonder... Generally I am overly festive, but this year has been tough to say the least! However, the tree is now up, the lights outside are hung, garland is lit, and now I think I will invite some people over for a cocktail!
My little love fest for Bella continues! She now appears to be a permenant fixture at our house. I'm starting to think Clint actually bought the puppy for me. As much of an ass that he is, he does know me after 15 years, and probably could sense all of the baby angst I was going through. Not to mention the guilt he has for Kayden, and, in my opinion, his attempt to buy her affection. Now how the hell am I supposed to take care of a new puppy? Who knows..., but she is damn cute! As sick as it may sound, I like having someone depend on me. My little girl is so grown up now, she is down to the basic needs! Bella needs to be parented, and I need to parent! So far it is a good mix, as much as I would hate for my mother to read this post, (I can hear her now "You have no business owning a dog right now"...) I really like her and she makes me happy. This weekend the companionship alone was enough! Plus who doesn't just love someone to snuggle next to at night who snores! OK, I promise I won't turn in to some crazy dog lady, but at least now I am not so desperate for a man. I just needed a little companion.
If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...
No comments:
Post a Comment