If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Saturday, December 4, 2010

224 days to go...

Day 141 - The week after Thanksgiving is always a puzzling one, your stomach has to reduce itself to its normal size. This week was no different than any other. Sent the daughter back to school after being off for a month, and tried to increase the gym visits. Didn't necessarily strive at either! BUT, I did have a fantastic night on Wednesday with my girlfriend at our second annual Nordstrom's Ladies Night. I mean please, what woman doesn't love champagne, hors d'oeuvres, live music and shopping! Oh and yes petite desserts! It was terrific, we practically were escorted out at midnight! What we women do for double reward points.... hehe!

Tonight I am headed out for a date... haven't actually been on one of those in a few months. This one sounds to be holiday inspired. I think we are doing dinner and a little ice skating. Let's just hope those ice skating lessons I took in high school finally pay off!

I am doing my best to stay positive and try to enjoy the holiday season. Easier said than done, this year it's just not the same... No house, no fireplace, and no sister to help cheer me up and decorate! I'll get through it, just have to make it to December 18th!

No comments:

Post a Comment