If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

17 days to go...

Day 348 - I managed to survive another holiday as the token third wheel.... Seriously I need to get new friends who happen to have single friends, this flying solo has got to change!

What could have been an awesome weekend, ended up being very simple. Friday was supposed to be a glam girls night out. I made reservations for us at a swank lounge on the coast for sunset,dinner, drinks, and music.. lo and behold we end up at a dive bar playing pool... gotta love my girls! At one point, on Sunday, my loneliness got to me and I managed to get my girl back early, she had been with her dad since Thursday. We escaped to San Diego to spend the remainder of the weekend with my girlfriend and her family. From there it was great company and good food! In between all that I squeezed in a movie with Mr. G, as well as a farewell, he finally moves to NY this week. It was great seeing him one last time.

I really wanted to spend some time with Mr. D, but his schedule was not cooperating. He is planning on coming over tonight, luckily for me I went to the farmers market last night so I have plenty to cook. Figured I'd make us a nice meal and we can get caught up on each others happenings. Things with him have been strange to say the least. We either have these incredible moments together where everything seems perfect... or the complete opposite...and I don't mean that in a negative way. Sometimes it just seems as though we are "just friends". It's the strangest feeling. If he wants to be "friends", I'm good with that he just needs to let me know. Last week he came with us to the beach house, mind you we both had our daughters, so it's not like expectations were high.. but a hug would have been nice! Ok maybe I am exaggerating a tad bit... I plan on getting to the bottom of it tonight! No sense in wasting time, I am a woman on a mission!

Other than that things are chugging along... just a little hotter than I'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment