We had a mellow and relaxing weekend sans sun and sand. This morning I awoke early to watch the sunrise on the beach and feel the spray of the waves. I realized this was my 6th weekend in a row of being away from home. Apparently I have a problem with where I live... no surprise to me! After packing up from the beach house, I took my girl and we headed up PCH for a drive. We stopped for a quick bite to eat, and later on met some friends to chat. It was obvious I was delaying our drive to return home. I can't wait to get out of this town, luckily I am nearly a third of the way through my real estate school. Thanks to the help of my dear friend Jeff!
This week should be a short and quick one for me. Tomorrow we begin filming at our second location. This one happens to be an actual residence that only needs some de-cluttering and major space planning. Not too much of our budget will be going into this shoot. I plan to get up early, get my girl to school, head off to work for a brief bit and then head to the location and get to work. Luckily this is only a one day shoot as opposed to the last one that lasted 3 days.
Thursday I am headed to Toronto for a trade show for Blingstar. I am excited to visit Canada, even if it is only Toronto for a few days. It is always nice to get away and just sell. It happens to be something I am very good at.
Friday and Saturday I was busy with "art direction". Friday was our first day of filming and for the most part all went well. Saturday I had to redress the set and focus on the continuity of the props. I am beginning to recognize this stuff in the shows I watch now. After filming I headed to the race track with my dear friend. It has been years since I have been to the track. This is something I completely relate to my ex. His family has been into horse racing forever. In fact at one point, he and I owned our very own race horse. I managed to get into a few areas of the track as an "owner". I forgot how much I missed this sport, the atmosphere and the people.
I am beginning to notice how much I am longing for two particular individuals. I wonder how much time must pass before they aren't in my thoughts. Mr. P and Mr. D have set the bar high for the next guy. Mr. D actually took Mr. P out of the equation for awhile... but with Mr. D moving into the "friend" category and our infrequent chats... Mr. P is in my thoughts again. For now I will continue to focus on my work... luckily I have plenty to keep me preoccupied. And when the time is right... the next one will present himself to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment