If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Friday, September 9, 2011

Oh Canada...

I am sitting in my hotel room getting settled for bed. I am in London, Canada, just outside of Toronto on a business trip. I picked up this distributor in July and they have invited me to their internal trade show/expo to educate their sales force and meet some of their key dealers. I do this every year in Texas, but this is my first trip to Canada, as this is a new distributor. Nothing exciting there, other than the fact that this is a new group for me, and I'm the new girl in town! Of course I've only just arrived and haven't really set up... but not too shabby!

On a side note, I met a really cute guy on my flight out here. Go figure... apparently I tend to do better in confined spaces with captive audiences! This guy happened to be traveling to Toronto for a film festival... and I happen to NOW be a set designer! Crazy, I would have never had anything in common with this guy until now. While the conversation was casual, we did manage to trade magazines... he gave me his InTouch, and I gave him my Rolling Stones! (strange!) I now know all of his contact info including his address, and he knows mine! We all know what happened last time I contacted someone I met on a flight... let's see if I get the courage to do it again!

For now I am going to focus on my trade show... I mean c'mon... French Canadian... I'll have something in common with my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment