Day 1 – I have been given a one year challenge. So to chronicle my adventures for the next year I have finally decided to start a journal or I guess the modern version is a blog. I have been advised to journal for many years, and never followed through, now I have 365 days to do so. I am sure some days will be short, and possibly nonexistent, however today, day 1, will not be that way.
I was asked to devote one year to myself. I guess to find myself and figure out what it is I truly want, maybe to experience life a little bit. The past few years have brought many changes, some good, and some bad, all of which I have embraced, experienced and moved on from. I now find myself 3 days before my 33rd birthday, a divorced single mom full of hope and optimistic of what my future WILL bring! I have learned there is no point in trying to figure out life, you just need to live it. It’s going to take you on a ride if you let it.
As I sit in my aisle seat on my flight back from Texas, headphones on and iPod on shuffle, I realize I need more music! Such a hopeless romantic my music definitely reflects that. First thing when I get home… update! I’ve spent the past 10 days in Texas, working and spending some incredible time with my family and friends. I forget how many people I have who love and support me, and now as I head home I already miss them. This year I will figure out where I should be.
Warning…I am not a writer, never have been, English was my worst subject. I’ve never been much of a reader either, yet that is something I have enjoyed these past few years. Maybe my writing skills will improve as well! My grammar will be poor, run on and incomplete sentences will follow… but hang with it… we may all learn something this year. I promise to be honest, and divulge all of the good, the bad and the really good!
365 days with Amber, fingers crossed they go by quickly! Taking all suggestions, lining ‘em up and knocking ‘em down…Accept and love me for who I am, I have…
If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...
I'll follow you anywhere, I hope this helps to take you onward, it's already better in so many ways and it's only been a few short weeks. I'm looking forward to day 365 when you're sure to be.....
ReplyDelete