Day 45 - Lets see I sure have some catching up to do on my blog.
Last week was fairly uneventful with the exception of it being the hottest temperatures of the summer, and my AC unit deciding to take a crap. My poor body was so drained with heat exhaustion I could not think to type!
The reality of my sister leaving is starting to set in. I had a wonderful time on Friday at her "work" going away happy hour. I got to meet a few of her coworkers and had a night out in L.A. It is obvious she and I are still in denial as to how far away she is going to be, and how soon it will be happening. We kept looking at each other with the "dont go there" look. She is moving out of her place tomorrow and will be up at the ranch the next few weeks until she leaves for Paris. Not like this year hasn't been tough enough... but this is going to be one more thing to add to my list.
This weekend was pretty jam packed for me! Friday was L.A., which meant I got dressed up all cute and sassy! (black pencil skirt, patent leather strappy heels, and a pink strapless ruffle blouse) Saturday had breakfast al fresco with a girlfriend and did a little faux shopping. For those of you who don't know, my faux shopping consists of buying things and not spending money! I had a few gift cards I cashed in! Got some gadgets at the kitchen store, some new makeup and lip gloss at Nordies, and a new sweater! Somehow I managed to have the MAC makeup lady schedule me an appointment to do my makeup in a week or so! She REALLY wants to do it! Yesterday started as a lazy day, slept in a bit... watched some old movies, then headed to the beach with a girlfriend. We spent the remainder of the day people watching, drinking beers and enjoying good company.
I am still lonely in the dating department, whats new! I did a little revamp on the online profiles which managed to get me more hits and "winks"! Just have to wait and see where that goes. The online dating scene is extremely comical! Most guys tend to send generic lines that you can tell they have cut and paste and sent to 20 girls. In fact it happened to myself and a girlfriend. One guy managed to email both of us and of course with the same "lame line"! Luckily I have a great sense of humor and called him out on it. He was honest about it and it made both of us laugh! For now we are just starting to talk and find out what we may have in common.
That's about all for now......
This week should be interesting with Kaley leaving.... sad face ....
If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...
No comments:
Post a Comment