If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Monday, February 7, 2011

160 days to go...

Day 205 - I had a great weekend, nothing over the top but a little me time here and there, and a lot of girl time. Somehow I ended up with four teenagers sleeping over, while Kayden was at her dads. I got the 1am phone call that they were heading over, and lucky for me I was just across the street finishing up a glass of champagne! I kinda liked having just the big girls. We stayed up till 3, and had breakfast at 9. The only down side was I technically had a morning date with Mr. G, but what am I to do when the 15 year old calls frantic! Right...?

Anyways, the morning date with Mr. G got pushed back to the afternoon. Originally we had planned on him coming over after his shift ended, maybe getting in a quick workout, a little breakfast, and then him taking a nap before the big game. It all worked out just flopped the order and location around a bit. He went straight home and took his nap, I got all my gang settled with their own food party... then headed to his place where we went for a quick run and then watched the game. It was very sweet our on little super bowl party. I had hoped he would accompany me to a friends house but considering my day had been a little crazy I opted not to go far and stay close to my girls. All in all we had a great time just the two of us, to be honest it was darn near perfect. It was the first time in so many years I wasn't that girl, at the super bowl party, solo!!!

On a side note, Mr. P started emailing. Now don't get too excited, nothing crazy, just a little chatter. He has been quiet lately with the exception of a quick response when I send him a little message. Of course he always puts a smile on my face, funny how these things manage to happen! (I am certain an online journal has nothing to do with it!) I miss him just being there... I was so looking forward to him heading west for a few weeks of work, not sure if that will ever happen. But I will always take what I get, and savor it!

I am eager to get this week going and see where I end up...


No comments:

Post a Comment