In addition to this weight on my mind, I have to figure out if I am going to renew my lease or get out! In other words, my year is up and its time to decide... As much as I love my place, with the addition of my three four legged friends, it just doesn't work... I need a yard, or shall I say "they" do! And with this comes another decision... do I really want to sign another year lease here... in Corona? I don't really want to be here anymore, the two parent family suburbia, isn't for me. I'm not the devoted wife/soccer mom anymore, I'm the "single mom", and really there aren't many of us here in this town. I do however, manage to stay with the "in crowd" of moms at the school, and even managed to have them over for lunch this week! So, now what...? I think I may negotiate to remain here month to month until school is out in July, and then go from there... that is unless something incredible comes my way... then I will have to decide... oh crap!
Oh, and in the love chapter, I have my first official date with Mr. G tonight... A real date! Not movies and dinner at home (which by the way, I do love!) I have had a great week with him, he had friends in town from NY, and they rented a time share down at the beach. I joined them one night for dinner, drinks, games and a late run to a bar. We had a blast! It was entertaining to say the least, watching him with his best friends and their "east coast" ways. He was so happy and comfortable. I now see why he is so adamant about returning home, where he belongs. His work schedule has now switched to days which makes way for us to spend more "normal" time together. We shall see where the next few months take us. He leaves in July... which in my life plan... is kinda perfect! Let's just hope I don't fall for this one!
I had a great dinner with my neighbor on Wednesday, we went out for sushi. He confessed he has been interested in me for months but thought I was in a relationship, he was referring to Mr. M. He also stated he has recently started dating someone and thought I should know. I reiterated we are only having dinner and drinks and at this point its "just casual"! We both laughed, chatted and had a great time.
I am so very thankful for this year and the interactions I have had. I've met some great people who in their own ways have enriched my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment