I can't believe it has been a year since I last heard your voice. I remember it like it was yesterday. You called me while I was in Indianapolis and we compared snow stories. You were so excited with all of the snow Dallas had been getting and how much fun you were having. I now have your camera with your pictures to share in your stories, you sure loved snowmen! You wouldn't believe me if I told you how much snow Texas has been getting lately. The whole town was closed for nearly a week... I would guess at least 24"!
I am about ready to leave on my annual trip to Indianapolis. Its strange to think how fast this year has gone by and all that has happened. I know you are here with me since I talk to you all the time. I imagine the conversations we would be having would be a bit more energetic than the ones we now have! Luckily I choose to keep politics out of our topics! This would have been a great year for you. Can you believe the Rangers made it to the World Series, that hasn't happened in my lifetime! And the Super Bowl was at Cowboy Stadium. You would have loved it!
I miss you, everyday, but I am at peace with where you are. You left me too soon... though I'm not sure I would be where I am at today if you hadn't. I wish you could see me now. I know you would be proud of me and what I have accomplished this past year. It sure has had its ups and downs... You would be very pleased with where I am at. I can now say I am truly happy. I have always been able to wear a smile, but now I don't have to paste it on, its just there. I am thankful I don't have to worry about you anymore, and that you are here with me always.
I love you Dad, and think of you everyday. Thank you for being a part of my life and now my memories.
Love,
Amber Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment