If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Friday, May 27, 2011

55 days to go...

Day 310 - I'm not quite sure where to begin... I've completely been neglecting my blog, obviously for technical reasons, but a few personal ones as well. The countdown that I so eagerly wanted to do 310 days ago, totally bums me out. I wouldn't say I am where I wanted to be, or for that matter where I thought I wanted to be, and yet I am not disappointed with where I'm at. I guess I thought my fairy tale love story was going to have a happy ending, unfortunately this Meg Ryan movie has taken a turn! It was silly of me to have had the thoughts swirling through my head, but hey a girl can hope!

The reality is I am 55 days away from another day in July... no big revelations there. I'm not crushed or heartbroken. I do feel a little bit of emptiness, but it's been there for months, and I'm a pro at pushing it aside. I knew my "love story" was going to have to be rewritten, and slowly I am doing so. Who knows why I had such intense feelings for something so unavailable or unattainable. It was probably me trying to protect myself. But, truth is I fell in love with someone who made me laugh, made me think, and I enjoyed his brief company. Lessons learned my dear child!

No comments:

Post a Comment