If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

78 days to go...

Day 287 - I've noticed not having the internet makes life especially difficult to be an efficient blogger. Many things have happened in the last few days and posting on my phone is darn near impossible, I am a much better keyboard typist! So here I sit in my office updating, cautiously watching my employees!

The move is done! Hallelujah! It was far more difficult than the one last year. Fingers crossed this place is as good of a match for us, I do not want to keep doing this every year. For the most part I was done moving Saturday and spent Sunday hanging pictures and trying to make the place our home. It's strange for me living in someones home, for now it still seems like theirs with my stuff in it. My last three homes I either built, remodeled or was the first person in it. I have never lived in a place where I saw their belongings prior to my move in. It's weird, oh wait, I'm the one who is weird! All was going great and moving along until the main sewer line decided to back up on me Sunday evening. Here I am getting ready to walk to my girlfriends house for a much needed cocktail and dinner when all of the sudden the house starts flooding. In a panic... after I screamed, I called my girlfriend and my old neighbor to rush to my aid with push brooms. At that point we proceeded to remove my furniture from the house and push the sewer water out. Seriously... this house is only 6 years old... this should NOT be happening to me on my first day! Now the "shit" has settled, the plumbers have done their jobs.. and the disinfecting crew is there now. We are in, unpacked and pictures are hung. Things will be looking up for now.

I've got much more to post... haven't even brushed the current relations... but gotta run.... More to come later... hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment