If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

312 days to go...

Day 53 - I had a terrific Labor Day weekend... how about yourself? I am truly blessed to have such an incredible family. They welcomed me and my friends (7 of us in all) with open arms and made everyone feel so comfortable.

The weekend started with all of us driving north to the ranch Friday afternoon. We arrived to a welcoming reception! Kaley had made fabulous appetizers for all to enjoy with chilled wine on the lawn. Curtis prepared one of his memorable dinners that we all finished off together in the dining room. Wonderful food and the best company. After dinner we headed back outside to sit in the lawn and watch the stars. I actually saw the Milky Way for the first time.

Saturday we headed out wine tasting. I only got a few sips as I had volunteered to be the DD. I enjoyed seeing everyone tasting and having a grand old time. At one point we even got a private tasting with the winery owner himself in the barrel room. We all enjoyed the one on one attention, it was the highlight of the day!

Sunday we headed to the coast for yummy fish, spicy bloody mary's and picturesque ocean front views. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend, well maybe the ranch being a little closer but I love it up there.

And the bonus... Monday! Just love getting that extra day off. Had a psuedo 1/2 date with a new friend. We both had our daughters and decided to meet so I could return his sunglasses. We were very cautious to not let the girls know what was going on. However, my girl being the extrovert, was eager to meet this cute little girl who sat at another table as we ate our lunch. Soon thereafter they were standing at the window looking at ducks and helping one another fill out the puzzles on their menus. All in all our little plan worked. The girls had a great time together and we continued to act as strangers. We fed the ducks and eventually walked over to the kids store and let the girls each pick out a toy. To summarize the meeting Kayden eventually said "Mom, you should get his number"! To say the least I was pleased... even if she meant only for another play date. Kayden and I then headed to a friends BBQ to cap off the weekend.

I have a second real date coming up tomorrow evening... So excited!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you had such an amazing weekend you definately deserve it. And might I add "how well planned" on the Monday meeting. Happy to hear everything went so smooth. SOOOO.... How was the date???? Inquiring minds want to know, details!

    ReplyDelete