If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

110 days to go...

Day 255 - Well the wedding extravaganza for one of my dearest friends is now over. We had a beautiful white wedding in the local mountains here with fresh snow. Unfortunately it forced the outdoor spring wedding in, but we braved the cold for a few minutes to get some incredible photos. If I had one, I would post it.... but of course I don't! I could not be happier for the lovely couple, they truly have been the greatest support system for me and are wonderful people, not to mention my soon to be neighbors... (but I'll get to that later!) The wedding reminded me that I am still this hopeless romantic, longing for that partner to love, share and experience life with... crap did I actually just write that! It was a wonderful weekend with a terrific bunch of people...BUT not one single guy, seriously...! I had my usual wedding date of my Mom, Dad had to stay home last minute. I am turning in to that "old maid" whose only company are the old folks she hangs with.... Just teasing! I am down two weddings without a date... and the next two aren't until August and October... by then... hopefully my cards will have changed, if not, oh well! Now it's time to check one more thing off of my to do list and get back to focusing on my issues at hand.

Not sure if I have mentioned it or not, but we've got a place to live! We will be moving at the end of April to a very familiar street! It happens to be the street where I bought my first house. Some friends of mine are in the process of building a custom home and heard that my current lease was up. They offered to rent their house me. So we will be moving in a few short weeks back to a "house", with a yard, a pool and a grill, I couldn't be happier! I will have plenty of room for my boys, a yard to tend to, and not to mention one of my best friend 7 houses away. Kayden is so excited that Chris and Allissa will be our neighbors, but I think she is more excited that their two golden retrievers, Tyson and Cali, will be able to come play with Malcolm and Jackson whenever they want! I opted to stay one more year in Corona... but was very hesitant in doing so. I need to be close to an airport for when this new job ever starts, and thought Kayden being with her dad, and staying in the same school was the best plan. If my parents didn't live so far from an actual airport, moving up there would have made sense. But for now, I am staying one more year. In all actuality these years move by pretty darn quick!

That's all for this morning... I'll catch you up later on Mr. G, the neighbor... and anyone else I come across...

No comments:

Post a Comment