Today was a good day, nothing to over the top, but enough crammed in worth mentioning. I have my girl back after being gone a week up at the ranch. It is always fun trying to get her back into the routine of getting up and going to work with me... I have a few days left to get her ready for school. Tonight she and I had dinner with Rylee to celebrate her 16th birthday. It's crazy I have been with this little girl since she was barely 9 months old. I guess I shouldn't call her a little girl any more! I remember celebrating her 1st birthday and almost every year in between... the only ones I missed were the few years she was in Washington. She remembers all the birthday parties I threw for her (for those who don't know, her mother's side of the family does not acknowledge birthdays). I wanted to do something special, since it is her "Sweet 16" but in my current position as the "ex" figured a car was out of line! HA didn't want to show her dad up! I determined a trip to Tiffany's should do the trick. What girl doesn't love a little teal box with a white ribbon, plus it is a keepsake item and something special to remember me by. Oh and, also squeezed in a little library time with Mr. G and our girls. It really is so cute to see a father with his daughter, especially at the library doing homework and reading. I am very attracted to the "fatherly type".
Now for yesterday...hmmm... Oh yes! Kayden and I went to one of her friends birthday parties that Mr. G and his daughter also happened to be attending. But before that, in the morning we went over to Mr. G's house where the girls played for a bit and he and I got in a much needed workout. I really do enjoy working out with a guy. I used to meet Mr. M at the gym every now and then, and from time to time we would also go running. This is definitely something I will be keeping on the list of "likes", not to mention it is healthy for the relationship and me! While we were at the party, one of the child attendees who happens to know me fairly well and is not in the least bit shy, started announcing "Amber likes Mr. G, she thinks he's cute..." You should have seen the look on Kayden's face, as if this was news to her, she was in complete shock! It is absolutely wonderful what some parents share with their four year old children! My child on the other hand was just dumbfounded... as if her mom really thought any guy was cute! I keep her out of the loop... as I should! If I happen to interact with a guy I am interested in, it is always with the kids, and in no way ever appears to be anything more than a play date.
After the party I dropped Kayden off to see her dad and headed out to meet my cousins. We decided we all needed to start doing something once a month.
.... getting sleepy... to be continued, haven't even got to Friday night!
No comments:
Post a Comment