If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Saturday, March 12, 2011

128 days to go...

Day 237 - Crazy week as usual, it began with me agonizing over where I needed to move and ended with a few options. My mom decided last minute on Wednesday to drive down and help me get my life situated and pack. We got geared up on Thursday with boxes and packing materials and low and behold I get an email from my landlord offering me two more months. YES! That gets me to June and then I only have to keep Kayden in school 3 more weeks. This buys me the time I need to figure out where the heck I am wanting to live... now I've got a little over a month to begin the new job and focus on what city! There of course is always the option of Paso... my only new concern is the traveling portion and the lack of a major airport. I am keeping it in mind though as I figure out my next steps.

I've pretty much committed to the new job... I am just waiting on my new partner to bring on the new accounts for me to handle. I am officially going to be a "brand manager", basically a marketing person out to promote a line. I'm representing or selling "XYZ"s parts to their distributors sales force. My duties are to promote, educate and get product or displays on dealerships showroom floors. I don't have to sell anything and am paid a straight salary, which these days is GREAT! I will be traveling throughout the US, meeting sales reps and doing ride alongs with them to visit their accounts. It should be fairly easy as long as I am organized with my travel arrangements and plan in advance. Luckily I am pretty good with a schedule. There of course will be reporting back to the companies I represent so that they can track performance and hopefully positive growth. I'm glad to get out of the office and hit the road. I miss interacting face to face with people. Plus the opportunity to get out there and meet new people alone is appealing enough!

I did get a another crazy job offer Thursday night... quick details involve me running a resturant?!?. I had a brief meeting with one of the individuals Friday, but need more information. The fact this position was offered to me just blows my mind. Obviously it is known I am a lover of food, I can manage people, and at the same time run a business... but none the less it still baffles me! I am on board to find out the balance of details and give this some serious consideration.

Now that I think I've got you caught up on the job and home front... better do the same with my relations! I've just spent the past three hours texting my neighbor, who is away in Las Vegas. I mentioned to him that I was home alone on a Saturday...and I had spent all day cooking and cleaning, yet my friends were too pooped to come eat with me. He said I should hop in the car and drive to Vegas and spend the rest of the weekend with him. While this was VERY appealing... I even packed my bag... here I sit at 10:45 on Saturday updating my blog... I truly have no business going back out there, especially since I was just there last week, and I have too many other financial obligations these next few weeks. He did however pull out his "A" game in an attempt to convince me. If only my tires weren't bald and the tire shop not have them the other day.... :( I'd be half way to Vegas by now!

Speaking of road trips... for oh... about two hours Mr. P and I were going to meet halfway in New Mexico... Now had he agreed..., I would be two states away right now... NO hesitation on that one! I miss him and some how need to figure this one out. It's been over a year since the day we met... and almost a year from when the feelings started. Everyone here tells me I need to move on and let my feelings for him go. They've all decided nothing is going to come of this and there is no future. My response... It's not as if I am staying home waiting. I have been dating this past year and have met several great people. It's not my fault no one has been able to fill his shoes! It doesn't appear we will see one another anytime soon. I don't know about this one... only time will tell, but what is fair on how much time it takes. And honestly what is the reality that will come of this? I ask myself these questions daily... and have yet to come up with an answer I will accept.

Interesting week with Mr. G... but will have to fill you in on that one later. This girl just got sleepy all of a sudden! OH yes! And another new one too!







No comments:

Post a Comment