If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...

Saturday, April 9, 2011

102 days to go...

Day 263 - Its a beautiful Saturday rounding out this week. I am sitting here with a to do list a mile long, trying to figure out what order to put things in. Moving is tough... but we all know that! I should be getting dressed to go over to a party at my friends house, and while I am more than halfway done, I sit here clearing my mind...

This was a good week, an emotional one, but good nonetheless. I got divorced (yay!), and finalized where to move. However, I did manage to skip the gym, every single day. It is strange to say, I am missing my workout routine... random! Note to self.... get back to the gym, it really does make me feel better.

For some reason, I headed to a jeweler this morning to see if he was interested in purchasing my wedding ring. I decided I could sell it and take myself on a trip. I used to think I would never part with it and would eventually give it to Kayden, now I am not so sure. I see it in my jewerly box ever so often. It was a beautiful ring to me... at one point in my life, now its a mix of emotions. If I could only get over the anger and resentment, maybe I could keep it and remember the positive memories. I did manage to turn in some random gold jewelry I haven't worn in 20 years, mainly stuff from my Texas days. I came home with a $700 check! How's that for a Saturday!

Now the truth to the random clearing of my head.... this darn countdown..... In the beginning I was so eager to see this year fly by. It's as if I had some sort of prize waiting at the end, and in my little heart I felt as if I did. Now that I am approaching 100 days... I kind of want it to stop and slow down. Unfortunatley for me I have so much coming up these next few months, the time is going to fly by. I am going to get to the middle of July... and break my own damn heart! My dear friend... (oh who am I kidding), the man who has captured my thoughts and emotions for the past year is the one who asked me to take this year to myself. I suppose it was so I would move on and find someone or something else... and while the year is not up... I sit here thinking about him daily. I think about the "ifs and whens" and will it ever actually be, yet deep down I know it probably won't. Needless to say... I am going to be heart broken in July when I come to the end of my 365 days... and it happens to be just another day. Sometimes reality is not fair! For now I have to keep on living it for 102 more days and see where I end up.... and then what?

No comments:

Post a Comment