Last night was an interesting night... I went on a date, and a fabulous one for that matter. A little background before I give you the details... I've known this guy for a few years, one of those friend of a friend kind of acquaintances. We see each other at birthday parties and social gatherings and have for the past 3 years. I met him pre-separation, but post affair. The possibility has always been there but I think our friends have been hesitant, probably wanting to protect each of us in their own way. He is a musician, a drummer to be exact, and when touring is obviously away. He's very easy on the eyes and I am sure has plenty of "lady friends, aka groupies"! We reconnected a few weekends ago at the Master's party my friends host, and a few days later he called me to chat. Last night we headed to LA and had an incredible seafood dinner, accompanied with wonderful wines and champagne. We met up with a few of his friends for dinner, and then headed over to a comedy show at a small theater. It was definitely an "LA" kinda night, the show didn't even start until 11pm! This suburb mom was a tad out of her element but managed to survive and to top it off had a great time. We chatted the entire time... mainly about food, music and our kids. He has a little girl I've met a few times. So for now it seems we are both interested. As far as my recipe goes.... love for music - check, foodie - check, attractive - check... seems like this one is headed in the right direction!
If you happen to stumble across this blog it may not be of much interest to you... But, for those of you in my life wanting to keep up, the words below are plenty. This is a journey of my life this past year, a newly single mother trying to figure out how to live life to the fullest! In the beginning there was an attempt at daily posts, now I am lucky if I get my fingers on the keyboard every week! I write about life, living and all of the fun stuff in between. If and when I am lucky, I throw in a bit of love! Let me tell you I am experiencing it all, and relishing every bit of it! It all started in July of 2010... if you want to catch all of the good stuff from the beginning, you might want to start there first...
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
92 days to go...
Day 273 - OK... I put my finger on the neighbor, not literally of course! I'm simply not physically attracted to him. I've gone over it again and again and it's just not there. I thought eventually I would see past it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. He's a terrific guy without any faults (I have yet to find), I simply cannot get around the superficial stuff.... Does that make me shallow? I'm going to answer my own darn question.... absolutely not! This is about me and finding the one... I do not have to settle and it's not a race. I've got all of the time in the world. I keep finding more and more qualities and characteristics to add to my "recipe"... but physical attraction is most definitely staying! For now I will keep one more male on the friend column, luckily I was upfront with him in this area, and basically nothing will change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment